Tuesday, December 29, 2009

I am going to be starting a new blog;

I have fallen head-over-heals IN LOVE(!!!!) with food blogging. I have two very very very favorite new sites, that I cannot live one day without.

Numero Uno; http://steamykitchen.com/

Numero Dos; http://thepioneerwoman.com/

They are both amazing cooks, and have thee best picture essay's to go with the recipe. Also after watching Julie and Julia.. I have decided I can do that. I need to get a new camera..that is for sure. But after that, I fully intend to make yummy yummy food and blog about it. First and formost.. I am going to post one of my favorite favorite recipes. One that I learned from my mom and she got it from her mom. Bacon wraps; mmmmmmamazing. :]

Grandma Shrock's Bacon Wraps
Cook time: 45 minutes

Things you will need; thin sliced bacon, whole water chestnuts, brown sugar, ketchup, tooth picks.

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees

2. Slice the bacon in half, so that you have about 3-4 inches of bacon to work with. Put whole water chestnut at the top of one end and roll into the bacon. Secure with a toothpick and set aside in bake dish. Repeat- One package of bacon usually uses 2 cans of water chestnuts.

3. Cook the bacon wraps for about 30 minutes, until the bacon looks almost fully cooked. While bacon wraps are cooking, in a medium sized mixing bowl mix together equal parts brown sugar and ketchup. Should be enough to coat the amount of bacon wraps you made.

4. Once bacon wraps look almost done, pour sauce over wraps and put back in oven. Cook another 15 minutes until sauce is bubbling. Let cool and enjoy.

* I gave this recipe to a friend and she asked me what I did with the left overs, and how long they lasted.. I didn't have the answer because they are always the first things to go and we never have any left over. :]

I will make these soon, and put up pictures when I do. If anyone makes them, please let me know how you likes them. :]

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart comments. I will get back to you if you comment, either by email or by going to your blog & commenting back. :)