Saturday, July 4, 2009

sparklers. tan skin. otter pops. && working?!?

Yes, I being the lucky little devil that I am..has the privledge of working tonight at Cottage Grove Hospital. :] Woot-woot. I am not sure how I got lucky enough to work my first solo-shift ever..on thee busiest night of the year..from 11:15 to 7:15 in the morning. But I did. And I came prepared.

Before starting my shift, I got online and emailed myself about 12 survey's to fill out during my joyous eight hours of work. They were really busy earlier..and right now, we steady. No one waiting to be seen by the doctor, but people going in and out of their rooms.

Also helping me get through my night are my six blogs that I used to read religiously..but then started working a not-so nine to five job..but similar. And my blogs have taken a backseat to; wedding planning, dress decisions, spending time with Justin, making sure Ellie and Jake get enough attention. But the good things about blogs, is that they will always be there, and even if you have to go back and read a few older post to understand what they are talking about, you feel like they are your best friend. The one you only see every so often, but when you see her, you immediately pick up right where you left off.

First patient of the night just walked through the door. Time to put on my worker bee uniform;
Patient numero uno; down..and back in the er.

[ten minutes later.] Second patient of the night walks through the door. They are back in triage.. soon they will be out and I will have to change once again to my worker bee uniform.

I have a sick feeling in my stomach. I am not sure why. But I do. I am not liking it. It makes me want to call all of my friends and sisters and Justin to find out if everyone is alright. I am sure that it is nothing, and that it is just my gut telling me this is the calm before the storm. Which I am sure is just me nerves. :] Tonight should be an alright night.

Well.. I am going to go fill out some survey's maybe I will post some on here. Give you a little insight into my life.. As if I don't already. hehe. :]

No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart comments. I will get back to you if you comment, either by email or by going to your blog & commenting back. :)